Thursday, September 6, 2007

Vanda's Survey

Name: Vanda Paladino

Do you have a Ravelry ID? raynbow

2. What is your skill level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)? I think I have to go with solid intermediate.

3. What are your favorite yarns to work with? Least favorite? I'm not typically much of a fiber snob. I'll work with most anything that feels nice and comes in good colors. I love the whole concept of self patterning yarn and I love trying to make things other than socks out of it. I've recently discovered the joys of bulky yarns as well! I'm not a big fan of novelty yarn.

4. What are your favorite types of projects to work on? I love socks, I'm always looking for the perfect sock formula. I also love knitting doggie sweaters, they are such perfect little bite sized projects and my dogs never say they don't like them.

5. What is your favorite color? By itself, green, most any shade but pea green. But I love combinations of bright colors, especially rainbow like combinations.

6. Are you a sock knitter? Absolutely!

7. What technique or skill are you working on? I'm always looking for the perfect sock patterns. I'm finally trying to do lace, the Mystery Stole killed me, so I'm taking a step back and looking for something a little less challenging.

8. What technique or skill would you like to learn? I admit to still being intimidated by sweaters. I started one for my husband but never finished it. All the seaming intimidates me as much as everything. I've heard there are some neat top down raglan patterns with less seaming, I wouldn't mind learning one of those!

9. What book or pattern are you anxious to have? New Pathways for Sock Knitters, any of the neat toy knitting pamphlets/books by Jean Greenhowe, Handspun Revolution

10. Do you have any allergies your pal should be aware of? I'm allergic to pretty much the whole world, so things that are washable are good!

11. What are your non-knitting hobbies or interests? I love spinning and I'm finally learning to crochet. I make melt and pour soaps. I love to read fantasy type books and I play alot of video games.

12. What kinds of knitting accessories have caught your eye lately? I wouldn't mind some sock blockers. It's one of those things that I covet but I would just never buy for myself.

13. Have you filled out a Wish List at River Knits? I don't think I have much if anything there. I think I might have left something once in the past for my husband as a birthday suggestion, but that's about it.

14. Do you have an Amazon Wish List? Yes! And make sure you check the 'purchased' items section, my birthday is later this month, so there are probably alot of things on there that I no longer need. I also have a wist at http://www.wists.com/raynbow

15. How do you like to spend your “down time”? I'm pretty much a homebody. I like to stay home and play games or watch movies with my husband.

16. Do you have any “guilty pleasures”? I love pretty much anything chocolate. I used to be a huge bubble bath fiend but we finally bought a house with a hot tub, so I tend to use that more often these days! Also trashy romance novels.

17. Who is in your home/family? My husband (we'll be married one year next month), and our two dogs. Kids are in the future, but not on the way yet.

18. What are your favorite scents? I mainly like vanilla or other food/fruity scents. I don't like florals that much.

19. What are your favorite treats? I do love chocolate. Pretty much any kind, although I prefer white or milk to dark. I like chocalate covered pretzels and that kind of thing although generally a plain old Hershey bar makes me just as happy as anything. Oh, and I looooove chocolate covered cherries.

20. If you didn’t knit, what would you do? Probably something else crafty. I went through a whole range of crafts over the years looking for one that really stuck before I found knitting. When I was younger I did alot of cross stitch. More recently I tried things like beading, papermaking, polymer clay, weaving, etc.

No comments: