Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Secret Pal Survey (Samantha)

I messed up and deleted the survey Laura sent so I'll just repost my SP11 survey!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I am allergic to acrylic. I prefer natural fibers.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Spin a bit by hand. Basic crochet

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A wicker basket in their original packages or a plastic tube.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Knitting since I was a child returned to it about 3 years ago.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Of course, the amazon list is here and my froogle list is here.

6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Musky scents. I am not a fan of floral scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Absolutely! Vosges chocolates in Chicago has an awesome milk chocolate bar with grey sea salt and smoked almonds!!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I used to do ceramics but life got in the way!

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have eclectic tastes in music and yes I can play mp3s

10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand? I love jewel tones…blues, purples, etc. I do not like pastels, they look horrible on me and I absolutely abhor pink!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a partner and a big drooly St. Bernard

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, hats (if they are big enough, I have lots of hair), and mitten, but never the poncho!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Lamb’s Pride, Malabrigo, Lorna’s Laces, Cherry Tree Hill…

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I do not like acrylics or novelty yarn of any kind!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Socks and I am working on lace.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I always have socks and a sweater on the needles!

17. What are you knitting right now? Mudflap Girl sweater, socks (of course), a flower basket shawl, and the Lift and Separate sweater from Big Girl Knits
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Who doesn’t? :-)

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Straight hardwoods and Addi turbos for circulars.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Hardwood and aluminum

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No

22. How did you learn to knit? My grandmother taught me.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? 1 year
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Winnie the Pooh!

25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect? Eggs :-)

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Peace Shawl pattern, Victorian Lace Today, addi turbos, lantern moon ebony/rosewood needles, any self patterning or hand dyed sock yarn in non-pastel colors,

29. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I want to work on my crochet skills and improve my lace knitting skills
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Absolutely! About 10” around and 9” long (yes, I have always had fat feet) :-)

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 05/15

32. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID? Saffista

33. Do you have an Amazon or River Knits wish list? Yes, I have both. The link for my Amazon list is here and is probably the most up-to-date because I can update it online :-)

No comments: