Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Questionnaire - Elizabeth

1. Do you have a Ravelry ID?
I am #341 in line on the waiting list now...
**Late Breaking News - I'm in! I'm "RiverKnits" on Ravelry

What is your skill level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)?
Advanced

What are your favorite yarns to work with? Least favorite?
Wools of all kinds, other animal fibers - favorites. 100% cotton is not my favorite although I will use it sometimes because if I want the effect of cotton. I avoid novelty yarns but will use good quality acrylic blends sometimes depending on the needs of the project.

What are your favorite types of projects to work on?
Socks, sweaters, hats, mittens.

What is your favorite color?
Blues are my favorites, followed closely by earth tones and fall colors

Are you a sock knitter? Yes!

What technique or skill are you working on?
Making sure I have time to knit every day.

What technique or skill would you like to learn?
Knitting something out of New Pathways for Sock Knitters (I already have the book) and improving my understanding of crochet

What book or pattern are you anxious to have?
A fun sock pattern that Michelle has never heard of. :-)

Do you have any allergies your pal should be aware of?
No.

What are your non-knitting hobbies or interests?
Crossword puzzles, sci-fi adventure shows like Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Eureka, and Stargate Atlantis, local/natural foods and environmental issues.

What kinds of knitting accessories have caught your eye lately?
Hip Knit Sack, a free standing felting machine (I don't think anyone's going to buy me that!), decorative magazine organizers from Target, etc.

Have you filled out a Wish List at River Knits?
No.

Do you have an Amazon Wish List?
Yes

How do you like to spend your “down time”?
Knitting (!), car trips with my family (while knitting), listening to podcasts (while knitting), watching tv (while knitting), going to movies & concerts (generally not knitting), doing crossword puzzles, taking walks, sitting in our new screen room

Do you have any “guilty pleasures”?
Good shoes, massage, good bread, real unpasteurized apple cider, (oh it's almost time!), Jones Soda Cream soda (or any cream soda), a great bath with Aura Cacia bath salts (and I don't think I feel guilty about any of these things)

Who is in your home/family?
Husband, 3 kids, one dog, one cat and 15 chickens

What are your favorite scents?
Vanilla, Sandalwood, a little Patchouli, and other earthy or even citrus scents (not floral)

What are your favorite treats?
Anything especially dark chocolates from Kathy's Kandies, Chocolate chip cookie dough(the real thing, not ice cream) or just the actual cookies, cereal for a snack (really bad stuff like Lucky Charms - which Michelle will note is now made with whole wheat) and all the things I said under guilty pleasures.

If you didn’t knit, what would you do
Be harder to live with... And probably read more, cook more and play more musical instruments (clarinet, dulcimer, piano)

No comments: