Friday, September 14, 2007

Glennalee's Survey

Name: Glennalee Owens

1. Do you have a Ravelry ID? No

2. What is your skill level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)? intermediate

3. What are your favorite yarns to work with? Least favorite? Soft yarns preferably not wool. Usually DK weight.

4. What are your favorite types of projects to work on? I have so many unfinished projects, I think I need to finish several. So any new projects should be small or in a well paced class.

5. What is your favorite color? Green, although blue and purple are also favorites. I tend to avoid the olive or sage like greens and go more for the deeper hues. I have a strong distaste of pink, although I don’t mind a mix of colors I like with something like chartreuse.

6. Are you a sock knitter? Yes.

7. What technique or skill are you working on? Finishing more projects.

8. What technique or skill would you like to learn? Not sure what to put here, I’m open to learning most things.

9. What book or pattern are you anxious to have? The new Cat Bordhi book, “New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One”

10. Do you have any allergies your pal should be aware of? Most wools tend to make me itch although some superwash merinos don’t.

11. What are your non-knitting hobbies or interests? I do lots of crafts, like spinning, lace making, and crochet. I like to travel. I enjoy horseback riding, reading, and sailing. I recently purchased a bicycle and am looking forward to using it more.

12. What kinds of knitting accessories have caught your eye lately? Unfortunately, when one catches my eye, I tend to buy it, although I have been trying to put more items on my wish list at River Knits.

13. Have you filled out a Wish List at River Knits? Yes

14. Do you have an Amazon Wish List? Yes.

15. How do you like to spend your “down time”? I typically relax by reading, doing crafts, watching tv or chatting on the computer.

16. Do you have any “guilty pleasures”? I would have to say I love Ice wines and a nice quiet evening.

17. Who is in your home/family? I live with a SO who likes to watch/sleep to the TV.

18. What are your favorite scents? I like scents like Pumpkin, Vanilla, Lavender, Hyacinth, Roses. I tend toward the more flowery and or food scents and not so much the musk.

19. What are your favorite treats? Milk chocolate caramels.

20. If you didn’t knit, what would you do? I have many other crafts I like to do. I enjoy weaving, spinning, bobbin lace, silver smithing, glass bead making. Plus there’s always reading in which I enjoy sci-fi/fantasy, mysteries and other fictional fantasies that take my mind away.

No comments: